Today’s Forum Thread of the Day comes from jjfcpa who opens up a discussion on forged game improvement irons. Our members have been discussing the array of forged irons on the market, and which ones WRXers rate highest in each department.
Here are a few posts from the thread, but make sure to check out the entire discussion and have your say at the link below.
- Millhill88: “In the GI Category…. If you’re set on forged, look at the Srixon 585’s. Very forgiving, great feel and loooong. If you’re open to “forged feel”, try the Titleist T300’s. I switched from the 585’s to the T300’s. Both of these are great for all handicaps. I’m a “9”, and wouldn’t play anything but a GI iron.”
- JanKo: “Cobra Forged Tec Blacks are awesome as well. Decent looking head with good feel, pretty forgiving and better spin consistency than a lot of other heads I played.”
- PreppySlapCut: “Big fan of the Miura CB-301.”
- reider69: “I have had the 900 forged since they were released and I still love them. Very forgiving and long. The topline is much and thinner and sleeker looking than the 919’s albeit with a bit longer blade length. I still get compliments from people who see them in the bag as well.”
- JDMRN81: “I recently had a chance to hit Honma’s TW X irons, and I was very impressed. Not very long heal to toe but does have wider soles. Great looking irons overall.”
Entire Thread: “Forged game improvement irons?”